with Barbara Siesel
There are so many of you who I’ve met after performances of Green Golly or after concert performances who’ve asked me for flute lessons! It was always a great frustration that because of distance or time I couldn’t work with you. At last – I can teach you flute from wherever you are and wherever I am! Technology perfected (pretty much). Study with Siesel via Skype!!!
And, if and when you are in New York City you can study with me at my home studio.
These are the tools you will need to begin:
- A computer with broadband internet
- A video camera either inside your computer or external
- A microphone either in your computer or external (I think external may work better)
- Speakers or headphones
- And of course – your flute!
To create a complete learning environment my shop will also provide you with explanatory notes and assignments which I will send after your lesson, as well as demonstration recordings when needed. You will also be able to purchase your music from me at a discount.
All levels are welcome – from beginner to advanced/professional.
- Payment is made securely through Pay Pal
- 60 minutes: $60.00
- 30 minutes: $35.00
- BM, The Juilliard School
- MM, The Juilliard School
- Samuel Baron
- Thomas Nyfenger
- Julius Baker
- Gerardo Levy
Master Classes with
- Rampal and Galway.
Places I’ve taught advanced players and adults:
- Colby College
- New World School of the Arts
- SUNY New Paltz
- University of Bridgeport.
Places I’ve taught children:
- Ridgewood Conservatory
- The Hackley School
- The Rye Country Day School
- 92nd Street Y
- Private Studio
- The Flute View – online magazine for flutists
- The Green Golly Project-introducing classical music and musical theater to children
Co-founder and Artistic Director
- The Storm King Music Festival: festival devoted to exploring the intersection of new music, new technology and its effect on acoustic instruments.
What you can study with me:
- Beginner – intermediate
- Classical flute: studying and understanding standard repertoire, audition prep, orchestral excerpts. I’ll help you with your sound, technique and interpretation.
Contemporary Performance Practice:
- Bring your challenging new music and I will help you learn it technically and understand it musically
- I can help you begin the freedom of improvisation with special exercises and improv in each lesson.
Find your musical path:
- Online workshop that helps your focus and determine the best musical career path for you including guided meditations, scene play and discussions to help you find your path.
Beginners of all ages:
- I love introducing beginners to the flute and helping young players improve their flute playing.
- For the young player in need of a fine but affordable instrument we now have a line of Green Golly Flutes by Di Zhao that you can purchase directly from us or your local dealer.
What we will work on:
- Hand position
- Flute basics
- Music learning
We will work with various methods and music collections including The Green Golly Collection. You are welcome to bring me your favorite music too.
- Once a year in NYC (or another fantastic place) you will be invited to attend a live master class with me and special guests. If you have been studying with me for three months or more you will receive a discount to attend the class!!
Setting up a lesson:
- Email me about a date and time for your lesson at: BarbaraSiesel@gmail.com
- Tell me whether you want a 60 minute or 30 minute lesson.
- We will have a free 10 minute test run before your first lesson to make sure everything works.
Once we confirm a date and time you pay for your lesson using Paypal at BarbaraSiesel@gmail.com
My skype name is: BarbaraSiesel@gmail.com